Sunday 3 May 2009

anyone for cake?

I've spent the last few days trying to make a cake pattern. After reading through many patterns most of which used double pointed needles I decided to have a go at designing my own, and here they are.
This one is a chocolate fairy cake/cup cake with chocolate chips in. I didn't like the way the paper case was knitted onto the cake so went on to make this one.

This is a standard iced cake with sprinkles on the top. The cake can now be removed from the paper case which I think is more realistic. However I'm still not completely happy with the designs so am now working on another on with more icing and stuffed in a different way.
This shows them side on just to illustrate the differences.

So what do we all think then? I'm rather proud of my efforts considering I've never done this before.

Also thought you might like to see the rest of the swap I was involved in. Turns out the lady's husband is a London bus driver how spooky is that!!
For those of you who are wondering what it is, it's a ceramic fridge magnet that i made and then handpainted.

No comments:

Post a Comment